Auditions will be held on Saturday, January 4th from 1-4 PM and on Monday, January 6th from 7-10 PM, at the Gorton Community Center in Lake Forest, 400 E. Illinois Rd, Lake Forest.
The Center is located one block from the Lake Forest stop on the Union Pacific North Line Metra. The Center is also easily accessible via 94 and 41 north.
Auditions are by appointment. To secure your appointment, please visit our Sign Up Genius Page. Please be sure to read audition requirements.
Callbacks for The Real Inspector Hound / The Actors Nightmare will be held Thursday, January 9th from 6:30-9 PM at the First Presbyterian Church of Lake Forest, 700 Sheridan Rd, Lake Forest. The church is located four blocks from the Lake Forest stop on the Union Pacific North Line Metra. The church is also easily accessible via 94 and 41 north.
CenterStage in Lake Forest announces adult (18+) non-equity General Auditions for 2020, our 49th season. Shows include:
- A double-bill of twentieth-century satirical comedies – Tom Stoppard’s The Real Inspector Hound (directed by Edward Kuffert) and Christopher Durang’s The Actor’s Nightmare (directed by Bob Sanders).
- Noted Chicago playwright Douglas Post’s whimsical and charming musical adaptation of Kenneth Grahame’s classic The Wind in the Willows (directed by Edward Kuffert).
- William Shakespeare’s romantic tragedy of love and loss – Romeo and Juliet (adapted and directed by Barbara J. Anderson).
Material to Prepare
- Two contrasting monologues. If you wish to be considered for Romeo and Juliet, make one of the contrasting monologues a classical dramatic monologue.
- Sides will not be available at general auditions. Please bring in your own prepared material.
All roles are available.
- Song and dance tryouts will be held at callbacks.
CenterStage in Lake Forest follows the Chicago Theatre Standards. All actors are welcome.
There is pay – Stipend plus bonus.
Please send your headshot and resume and any requests for information to our casting services at email@example.com.